“What excites me the most is that our technology’s applications are limitless.” – Emidio Di Pietro, VP Engineering
What can Pond do for you?
Pond Provides New Value
- Emitting large volumes of carbon dioxide, it’s no longer a risk or liability. It’s a potential revenue stream
- Installing Pond’s system makes you a sustainability leader. Capture this value in your sustainability reporting and marketing strategy.
Pond Facilitates a Turnkey Solution
- Pond can work with an EPC contractor of your choice or recommend a firm we have worked with before.
- Pond can provide third-party financing, such as through our partner Inventiv Capital in the United States.
Pond is in the Algae Business, Not You
- Pond can operate the algae plant and arrange for algae sales.
- You focus on your business, not the algae business
- The first steps involve a feasibility study to look at costs and revenue potential at your site.
- Pond can install a mobile algae unit, proving that algae can grow on your stack gas.
Interested? Contact Pond.
Markham District Energy
Partner: Markham District Energy
Industry: Power Generation
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Pond and Markham District Energy will partner to develop a nutraceutical algae production facility to produce astaxanthin, as well as powdered chlorella and spirulina. The facility will safely and effectively transform the greenhouse gas emissions from this power plant into algae superfoods.
Size: 200,000 litres
Output Capacity: 100 tonnes of algae
Carbon Sequestered: 183 tonnes CO2 per year
Industry: Steel Manufacturing
Location: Nanticoke, Ontario, Canada
Pond and Stelco are partnering to develop a facility to produce algae for use as an aquaculture feed ingredient, displacing fishmeal and fish oil. The facility will both transform the greenhouse gas emissions into fish feed and reduce fishing pressure on the ocean.
Size: 35,000 L with a target of 1,000,000 L in later phases
Output Capacity: 6,750 kg of algae
Carbon Sequestered: 13.125 tonnes CO2 per year
St. Marys Cement
Partner: Votorantim North America
Industry: Cement Manufacturing
Location: St. Marys, Ontario, Canada
Pond, St Marys and the National Research Council of Canada have been operating a demonstration algae plant since 2017. This facility proves that greenhouse gas emission can be transformed into valuable products, and has been operating for over a year.
Size: 25,000 litres
Carbon pricing mechanisms exist on every continent, with Scandinavian countries leading the way in the early 1990’s and the first North American jurisdiction to introduce carbon price occurring in Alberta in 2007.
Globally, since 1990, over 51 jurisdictions have put a price on carbon, including China (2017), the EU (2005), Japan (2012), and California (2012). Globally, national, sub-national, and regional governments continue to price carbon, either through a tax or a cap-and-trade system.